3 Import your blog into HubSpot as a CSV file
If your blog isn’t compatible with the smart copy import feature, you can import your blog content into HubSpot using a CSV file. Based on this sample CSV file, gather the content for each of your existing blog posts. Then import this file to generate new blog posts in HubSpot that are populated with your existing blog content.
Before you get started
- When you create your HubSpot account, there will be a new default blog in your account you can use to import your blog posts. You can create a new blog instead or customize the blog in your blog settings.
- There’s a sample CSV file available to format your blog content for your import.
- Note that the following fields in your CSV import file are required.
Import your blog content in a CSV file
- In your HubSpot account, click the settings icon in the main navigation bar.
- In the left sidebar menu, navigate to Website > Blog.
- In the Current view section, click the first dropdown menu and select Import blog.
- On the import overview page, click Import new blog in the top right. If you’ve already imported a blog, click the Start new import dropdown menu instead and select Blog posts.
- Select the CSV file upload option, then click Next.
- Click the Which blog platform are you currently using? a dropdown menu and select your blog platform. If you don’t know which platform hosts your blog, select I am not sure.
- Click the HubSpot blog dropdown menu and select the blog where the imported posts will be hosted. If you need to create a new blog, click Create a new blog instead. Learn more about creating a blog in HubSpot.
- In the CSV file upload box, click select a file, then upload your CSV file.
- In the lower right, click Copy blog posts.